Scam, kidnap by South African police

Scam, kidnap by South African police

Medical Writing Institute click here

MJoTAtalks click here

Emerald Pademelon Press LLC click here


Peace Scientists click here

Dr Susanna loves the countries and the peoples of Africa

Scam, kidnap by South African police

Scam, kidnap by South African police

 
Bookmark and Share
June 8, 2011. The Consul General for Angola moved from her job in New York to a consular position in Houston. Dr Chika Onyeani, above, gave a speech in recognition of the great work she has been doing in African communities. Dr Chika Onyeani publishes African Sun Times, and is a prolific writer of intellectual works.

Pictures of dancers above right and on Aug Daily Updates. Also on Aug Daily Updates, picture of the Consul General Mrs Julia Machado Esq with Princess Tosin Mustapha and Dr Susanna.
The Republic of Angola
Flag and map from Wikipedia

The Portuguese colonized Angola, and left in 1975, and a civil war started which ended in 2002. Angola has a lot of oil, a lot of minerals and a lot of poverty. They banned Islam in 2013.

Latest Top (10) News


Queremos escuchar las opiniones de las mujeres sobre el aborto
Hablar del aborto no es fácil, pero es un tema que afecta a las mujeres en todos los rincones del planeta.

Fri, 04 May 2018 12:41:56 GMT


Young Migrants: Victims of Gangs or Members of Them?
The Trump administration has taken aim at a previously uncontroversial set of child protection laws, which it portrays as “loopholes” preventing the quick deportation of gang-involved teenagers.

Tue, 01 May 2018 09:00:01 GMT


Migrant Caravan of Asylum Seekers Reaches U.S. Border
Hundreds of migrants who have traveled en masse through Mexico, drawing a furious response from President Trump, prepared to apply for asylum.

Sun, 29 Apr 2018 17:26:41 GMT


We Want to Hear From Women Around the World About Abortion
Abortion is often hard to talk about, but it affects women in every corner of the world.

Fri, 27 Apr 2018 18:02:33 GMT


Supporters of El Salvador’s Abortion Ban Foil Efforts to Soften It
Lawmakers adjourned without voting on exceptions to the country’s total ban on abortion, including cases in which the life of the woman is at risk.

Thu, 26 Apr 2018 23:27:34 GMT


Federal Agencies Lost Track of Nearly 1,500 Migrant Children Placed With Sponsors
The Department of Health and Human Services learned of the missing children only after calling people who took responsibility for the youths when they were released from government custody.

Thu, 26 Apr 2018 12:09:45 GMT


How to Leave MS-13 Alive
Gang members who left the notorious gang by embracing God give us clues about how to mitigate its influence.

Thu, 26 Apr 2018 09:45:04 GMT


Migrant Caravan Arrives at U.S. Border, but Long Road Awaits
Migrants from Central America who plan to apply for asylum in the United States face opposition from President Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Tue, 24 Apr 2018 22:22:04 GMT


They Were Jailed for Miscarriages. Now, Campaign Aims to End Abortion Ban.
Women’s rights groups in El Salvador are urging lawmakers to allow abortions when a woman’s life is at risk and for minors who are raped.

Mon, 09 Apr 2018 20:03:43 GMT


Metal Mining Would Be Disastrous for Haiti
Last year El Salvador banned metal mining. Haiti should do the same.

Thu, 29 Mar 2018 23:40:14 GMT

Latest Top (10) News


Congo's Ebola not an international emergency, can be controlled -WHO
GENEVA/KINSHASA - The Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo can be brought under control and is not an international public health emergency, experts advising the World Health Organization said on Friday. ,

Earlier in the day the WHO had said the first confirmation of Ebola in Mbandaka, a city of about 1.5 million people, had prompted it to declare a “very high” public health risk to the country and a “high” risk to the region.

Three new cases of Ebola were later confirmed in Mbandaka on Friday, in a part of the city next to the Congo River.

The ministry said in a statement late on Friday that the new cases had been reported on Thursday in the neighbourhood of Wangata, next to the river, and samples tested positive for Ebola. Another suspected case surfaced on Friday.

The outbreak, Congo’s ninth since the disease made its first known appearance near the northern Ebola river in the 1970s, has raised concerns that the virus could spread downstream to the capital Kinshasa, which has a population of 10 million.

The WHO’s Emergency Committee of 11 experts said the rapid response had mitigated the risk from the outbreak, which was declared 10 days ago and has killed 25 people since early April.

“Interventions underway provide strong reason to believe that the outbreak can be brought under control,” the committee said in a statement.

They decided not to declare a “public health emergency of international concern” (PHEIC), a formal alert that puts governments on notice and helps mobilise resources and research.

However, committee chairman Robert Steffen said the “vigorous” response to the outbreak must continue.

“Without that, the situation is likely to deteriorate significantly,” he told a news conference in Geneva.

Jeremy Farrar, director of the Wellcome Trust medical charity and an infectious diseases expert, said the decision not to declare an emergency was “the right one for the time being,” but should be kept under review.

“We can’t predict how the outbreak will progress, and the WHO must keep the situation under frequent review and not hesitate to declare a PHEIC if the situation shows signs of deteriorating,” he said in a statement. Reuters

,

Sun, 20 May 2018 12:13:51 GMT


China supports Tanzania on SGR study, upgrading of transport college
DAR ES SALAAM - China has announced here a 146.47 billion Tanzanian shillings (64 million U.S. dollars) financial assistance for the implementation of development projects in Tanzania.,

The governments of China and Tanzania on Saturday signed two agreements for the upgrading of the National Institute of Transport (NIT) to a university of transport and for conducting a feasibility study for the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR).

The agreements were signed by the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Finance Dotto James and the Chinese Ambassador to Tanzania Wang Ke at a ceremony held in the commercial capital Dar es Salaam.

Speaking after signing the agreements, James said: "I'm happy to note that the framework agreements we have just signed today is on economic and technical cooperation between our two governments."

He added that the country was proud that the bond between the two countries had continued to be strengthened over the years.

Wang said the financial assistance contributed by China was aid with no conditions attached.

She said after the feasibility study on the construction of the SGR China will come up with a plan on how to support its construction. Xinhua

,

Sun, 20 May 2018 12:11:03 GMT


Ethiopia denies accusations by Eritrea of supporting rebel movement
ADDIS ABABA - The Ethiopia Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) said on Sunday accusations by Eritrea of its supporting Eritrean rebel movements as "baseless.",

The Eritrea Ministry of Information (MoI) issued a press statement on Wednesday accusing neighboring nations, Sudan and Ethiopia, of conspiring to support Eritrean rebel groups.

The statement from Eritrea further said Ethiopia and Sudan have agreed to deploy Eritrean armed opposition groups along the two countries' borders with Eritrea to facilitate hit and run attacks on the Red Sea nation.

Speaking exclusively to Xinhua, Meles Alem, Spokesperson of Ethiopia Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), said the allegations by Eritrea that Ethiopia is working together with Sudan to support Eritrean rebel movements are totally false.

He further said Ethiopia's offer to have unconditional negotiation and dialogue with Eritrea still stands despite the two countries' current bitter standoff.

Eritrea and its southern neighbor Ethiopia fought a blood border war from 1998 to 2000, which killed an estimated 70,000 people.

Since then, the two countries have been engaged in a state of armed standoff along their common border punctuated occasionally by sporadic small-scale clashes.

Eritrea has tense relationship with its eastern neighbor Sudan, with both countries accusing each other of supporting rival rebel groups. Xinhua

,

Sun, 20 May 2018 12:09:43 GMT


Zimbabwean president to announce election date at end-May
MUTARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwean President Emmerson Mnangagwa said Saturday that he will proclaim the 2018 election date at the of May.,

Addressing a rally in Mutare, Manicaland province marking the start of the ruling ZANU-PF election campaign, the president said the party will intensify its campaigning once the election date is proclaimed.

According to the country's constitution, the elections must be held between July 21 and August 21.

Zimbabwe's parliament last week passed the Electoral Amendment Bill which now awaits presidential assent to become law.

The bill seeks to give legal effect to the bio-metric voter registration system that was done by the national electoral body for the first time.

As political parties gear up for the polls, ZANU-PF has finished selecting its candidates while the main opposition party the MDC Alliance is still to conclude candidate selection.

President Mnangagwa, who took over from former president Robert Mugabe in November last year, will fight it out with the youthful leader of MDC Alliance Nelson Chamisa in the presidential poll.

As the nation edges towards the polls, voters' roll inspection opened on May 19 and will run until May 29.

About 5.4 million people in Zimbabwe are registered to vote in the elections. Xinhua

,

Sun, 20 May 2018 12:08:25 GMT


7 DRC refugees drown in Zambia after boat capsize
LUSAKA - Seven refugees from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) have drowned after a boat they were in capsized in a lake in Zambia's Chiengi district in Luapula Province, the police said on Saturday.,

Esther Mwaata-Katongo, Zambia Police Spokesperson said the victims were part of 35 refugees from a transit refugee center in Zambia's Nchelenge district in the same province who left the camp without authorization and hired a boat which is believed to have been overloaded.

According to the police spokesperson, four bodies, all juveniles with the youngest being 17-months-old, have since been retrieved while the search for the others has continued.

She said the accident happened when a small boat which was carrying luggage and a few people and was being towed by an engine boat capsized due to strong winds before the engine boat also capsized, resulting in the drowning of the victims.

She added that 22 people survived the accident while the coxswain of the boat has been detained for the offense of causing death by dangerous navigation.

The small boat is not yet retrieved, she added. Xinhua

,

Sun, 20 May 2018 12:07:11 GMT


S. African president sees high youth unemployment as greatest challenge to socioeconomic development
CAPE TOWN - High rate of youth unemployment constitutes the greatest challenge to social and economic development in South Africa, President Cyril Ramaphosa said on Saturday.,

Ramaphosa was speaking as he toured the Volvo Assembly Plant in Amanzimtoti, south of Durban.

"We all share a responsibility to ensure that young people gain the confidence, capabilities and exposure to succeed in the working environment," Ramaphosa said as he applauded Volvo for making youth development an integral part of its social investment program.

That is why the government has prioritized the development of pathways into work for young people, he said.

The president urged companies to joined in the Youth Employment Service initiative, launched in March.

This initiative, which provides work experience opportunities for young people on a scale never seen before in this country, is the result of effective collaboration between the government, business and labor.

"It demonstrates the willingness of business to be part of finding solutions to youth unemployment," Ramaphosa said.

He called on companies to join the program, not only to increase the chances of employment for many thousands of young people, but also to enable the companies themselves to develop the young workforce that they will need to expand and grow.

"We all share a responsibility to develop the skills of young South Africans and ensure that these skills are suited to the needs of the economy, now and into the future, said Ramaphosa.

"The success of our efforts will be judged by the extent to which they create more employment and education opportunities for young people," Ramaphosa said.

According to figures released on Tuesday by Statistics South Africa (Stats SA), South Africa's official unemployment rate remains at 32.4 percent amongst 15-34 working youth age group, the highest youth unemployment rate in the world, followed by Greece (25.2 percent) and Spain (22.2 percent).

Ramaphosa said his country is working to address the decline over many years of its manufacturing capacity, which has deeply affected employment and exports.

"We are working to re-industrialize on a scale and at a pace that draws millions of job seekers into the economy," he said.

In its National Development Plan (NDP), the government sets the goal of halving youth unemployment to six percent by 2030.

In his maiden State of the Nation Address (SONA) in February, Ramaphosa announced that a jobs summit would be held within the next few months to harness the energies of business, labor and government behind a major job creation initiative.

The summit is expected to bring together the country's best minds to boost job creation, particularly for the youth. Xinhua

,

Sun, 20 May 2018 12:05:51 GMT


690 Ethiopians return after being released from Saudi jails
ADDIS ABABA - The Ethiopia Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Sunday 690 Ethiopians imprisoned in Saudi Arabia have returned home.,

In a press statement, the Office of Spokesperson Ethiopia Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), said the Ethiopians were released on Sunday morning after discussions between Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed and Saudi officials during which the fate of Ethiopians imprisoned in Saudi Arabia was raised.

MoFA further said the 690 Ethiopians were provided free transportation from Saudi Arabia to Ethiopia and will be provided pocket money to return to their respective home areas.

Ahmed had paid a two-day official state visit to Saudi Arabia earlier this week, during which he held discussion with Saudi Arabia's Crown Price Mohammed bin Salman on ways to boost Ethio-Saudi ties and the fate of Ethiopians detained in Saudi jails.

It is estimated every year thousands of Ethiopians travel across the Red Sea to Saudi Arabia looking for better economic opportunities, often employed in the informal sector without having valid residency permits. Xinhua

,

Sun, 20 May 2018 12:04:19 GMT


Zambia temporarily suspends ban on moonlighting by health workers
LUSAKA-- The Zambian government has temporarily suspended a circular banning health workers from engaging in extra work in the private sector after it received a backlash, a health official said on Saturday.,

In a circular addressed to all provincial medical directors, early this week, Ministry of Health Permanent Secretary Kennedy Malama directed that no medical doctor, nurse, midwife, clinical officer or indeed any other public service employee employed in the Ministry of Health shall be allowed to work in any private institution as it was an abrogation of their conditions of service.

However the circular received a backlash from health workers who rejected it, saying there was no law in the country that stops citizens from engaging in extra activities outside their jobs.

But Minister of Health Chitalu Chilufya said the circular has been withdrawn in order to allow for more consultations with stakeholders.

He said in a statement that a final circular will be issued at the end of this month which will also include views from other stakeholders.

The Zambian minister however said the government will not condone a clique of health workers who were only spending 30 percent in delivering services in public health institutions while they spent 70 percent at private institutions,XINHUA.

,

Sat, 19 May 2018 12:28:14 GMT


42.5 mln USD for Malawi's 2019 elections from National Budget
LILONGWE -- At least 31.5 billion Malawi Kwacha (about 42.5 million U.S. dollars) has been set aside for Malawi's 2019 tripartite elections from country's 2018/2019 National Budget of 1.5 trillion Malawi Kwacha.,

Presenting the proposed budget to Members of Parliament, in the country's capital Lilongwe Friday, Minister of Finance, Economic Planning and Development, Goodall Gondwe explained that the 31.5 billion Malawi Kwacha would among others, cover voter registration and verification, education and outreach, election materials, vehicles and polling stations.

"This represents the total budget for the general elections the Malawi Electoral Commission (MEC) will require," explained Gondwe who further disclosed that Malawi would independently fund its entire election process without donor support as had been the case previously.

During the tripartite elections slated for May 2019, Malawians are expected to elect a President, Members of Parliament and Ward Councillors.

Gondwe also disclosed that the government had set aside funds to cater to the recruitment of 10,500 primary school teachers, 500 secondary school teachers, and 1,000 medical personnel, a development which would address the country's public outcry on poor service delivery in education and health sectors.

"Starting from this year, teachers and other personnel will be recruited soon after their graduation. The practice that started in 2013 of recruiting teachers one year after graduation will no longer be necessary," he explained.

The budget has also projected wages and salaries at 392 billion Malawi Kwacha, which has seen salaries for the country's junior civil servants go up by 20 percent with senior civil servants getting a 10 percent pay hike.

Meanwhile, the parliamentarians will, for the next two weeks, regroup into clusters where they will scrutinize the budgetary allocations, after which the proposed budget will be debated by vote,XINHUA.

,

Sat, 19 May 2018 12:26:05 GMT


Morocco seizes 289 tons of cannabis in 3 years
RABAT -- Moroccan security services have seized a total of 289.2 tons of cannabis in three years, the Moroccan police revealed on Friday.,

The Moroccan police also seized 4.61 tons of cocaine between May of 2015 and May of 2018, according to the police statistics.

Some 42 kg of heroin and 2.87 million of psychotropic tablets were also seized by Moroccan security services.

The 2016 report by the UN's Office on Drugs and Crime suggests that Morocco is the world's largest cannabis resin harvester.

Given its position at the crossroad of Africa, Europe and the Middle East, the country is considered a key route in international drug trafficking,XINHUA.

,

Sat, 19 May 2018 12:24:29 GMT