Scam, kidnap by South African police

Scam, kidnap by South African police

Medical Writing Institute click here

MJoTAtalks click here

Emerald Pademelon Press LLC click here


Peace Scientists click here

Dr Susanna loves the countries and the peoples of Africa

Scam, kidnap by South African police

Scam, kidnap by South African police

 
Bookmark and Share
On Veterans Day 2013 in Camden County, the only wreath I saw came from the Philippine community, 3 days after the catastrophic typhoon hit the Philippines click here
Weather feed from NOAA.gov

Latest Top (5) News

Philippines

Flag, map and edited information from Wikipedia

The  Republic of the Philippines has 98 million people living on an archipelago of 7,107 islands in the western Pacific Ocean. Countries across the waters are Taiwan, Vietnam, Borneo and Indonesia.

According to the World Bank, during 2011 the amount of money coming into the Philippines from its citizens living and working abroad was the 4th highest in the world, behind India, China, and Mexico, but ahead of Nigeria. The amount, $23billion, was higher in 2012.
World news feed from the Philippine Star

Latest Top (10) News
Philippines news feed from Yahoo

Latest Top (5) News


DepEd to students, teachers: Be careful what you share online

DepEd to students, teachers: Be careful what you share onlineA DEPARTMENT of Education (DepEd) official has reminded teachers and students to be careful with what they share on social media now that they spend more hours online.DepEd Cebu City Division Superintendent




Wed, 08 Apr 2020 01:13:00 -0800



Coronavirus: food supply to Hong Kong from Australia will not be affected despite pandemic

Coronavirus: food supply to Hong Kong from Australia will not be affected despite pandemicSupplies of Hongkongers’ favourite Australian food – such as lobster, beef, milk, and yogurt – will continue amid the coronavirus pandemic as the country’s government has allocated A$110 million (HK$522 million) to subsidise exports.The Australian consul general in Hong Kong said on Wednesday the government would charter freight flights to deliver fresh produce of seafood, premium red meat, dairy products, as well as horticulture, including premium fruits and packaged salad or vegetables. These products will be flown to four key markets – mainland China and Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, and United Arab Emirates.Imports of fresh food to the city have been choked by cancellations of passenger flights worldwide amid the pandemic that has infected more than 1.4 million people and killed more than 81,000 people globally as of Wednesday.“The cancellations of all passenger flights between Hong Kong and Australia have put a strain on cargo flow,” Shannon Powell, senior trade and investment commissioner and deputy consul general (commercial), said.“The government will support transport costs to the key markets. The idea behind the mechanism is to keep commodity prices more or less the same by reducing costs.”Hong Kong is Australia’s No 1 market of fresh and chilled beef and fresh cheese, No 2 market of lamb and frozen game and poultry, No 3 market of milk and cream, and No 4 market of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and pork. ‘Hong Kong food shortage risk’ after mainland China tightens border virus checksIn 2019, Hong Kong imported 38.8 per cent more food and live animals from Australia from the previous year, at HK$12.69 million. Overall imports from the country jumped 15 per cent in 2019 from 2018, official statistics showed.The funding scheme, called international freight assistance mechanism, will help exporters and producers reduce costs, such as those related to airports and taxes, Powell said.Exports of Australian fresh produce were disrupted and prices soared after cargo delivery on passenger flights was stopped last month amid the pandemic.More than 100 weekly flights were connecting Australia with Hong Kong before the pandemic.Argyle Food Group, which distributes Australian chilled beef in Hong Kong, said freight costs on imports jumped almost fourfold.“Normally, we pay around A$1.50 per kg of imports. Last week, we paid A$5.40 per kg,” Bryce Graham, the company’s co-CEO said. “It’s ranging between A$2.50 and A$5.40 depending on the day.”She said the Australian government would charter freight flights from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, and Perth. This first flight is expected to take off within two weeks.Sea shipment remains unaffected by the pandemic.This article Coronavirus: food supply to Hong Kong from Australia will not be affected despite pandemic first appeared on South China Morning PostFor the latest news from the South China Morning Post download our mobile app. Copyright 2020.




Wed, 08 Apr 2020 00:59:48 -0800



Covid-19 update: 106 more cases, 5 additional deaths

Covid-19 update: 106 more cases, 5 additional deathsTHE Department of Health (DOH) reported the confirmation of 106 additional cases of coronavirus disease (Covid-19) and five additional mortalities Wednesday, April 7.This brought the total case count to




Wed, 08 Apr 2020 00:54:00 -0800



Taxi driver yields P31M shabu

Taxi driver yields P31M shabuMore than four kilograms of suspected shabu was confiscated from a taxi driver by Talisay City police operating in Barangay Valencia, Carcar City at around 12:30 am on Wednesday, April 8, 2020.The suspect




Wed, 08 Apr 2020 00:45:00 -0800



Local gov’ts can enforce quarantines in Visayas and Mindanao, says COVID-19 task force

Local gov’ts can enforce quarantines in Visayas and Mindanao, says COVID-19 task forceLocal governments in Visayas and Mindanao can impose community quarantines in their respective districts, the government's task force on COVID-19 said today. Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said in a virtual presser that local government units in both islands can implement quarantines "if they deem necessary." He added that all government officials need to do is ...This article, Local gov'ts can enforce quarantines in Visayas and Mindanao, says COVID-19 task force, originally appeared on Coconuts, Asia's leading alternative media company. Want more Coconuts? Sign up for our newsletters!




Wed, 08 Apr 2020 00:00:21 -0800

News from Cebu from Philippines Star

Latest Top (10) News


105 Britons fly back to London from Cebu
Around 105 stranded British nationals in different parts of the Visayas departed for their home country yesterday from Mactan-Cebu International Airport via the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila.

Wed, 8 Apr 2020 00:00:00 +0800


222 homeless now off city streets
At least 222 homeless people are temporarily sheltered at the sports complex of Barangay San Nicolas Proper, Cebu City in a bid to help stop the spread of COVID-19.

Wed, 8 Apr 2020 00:00:00 +0800


Capitol eyes vegetable gardening competition
The Cebu Provincial Government is urging residents to be productive while under home quarantine by cultivating their own vegetable gardens.

Wed, 8 Apr 2020 00:00:00 +0800


Cebu City doctor, 69, recovers from COVID
A 69-year-old doctor who was confined for at least two weeks at Cebu Doctors Hospital in Cebu City has recovered from the coronavirus disease.

Wed, 8 Apr 2020 00:00:00 +0800


Cebu City remains COVID epicenter in Central Visayas
One more case of COVID-19 was confirmed in Cebu City yesterday, bringing to 23 the total number of cases in the city and to 36 the total in the entire province.

Wed, 8 Apr 2020 00:00:00 +0800


City trash down amid ECQ
The volume of garbage collected by the Department of Public Services remains low amid the enhanced community quarantine in Cebu City.

Wed, 8 Apr 2020 00:00:00 +0800


DOE to help host LGUs fight against COVID-19
The Department of Energy has issued a circular providing rules and guidelines in the utilization of funds to help the communities hosting energy facilities and energy resource developers in the fight against coronavirus disease pandemic.

Wed, 8 Apr 2020 00:00:00 +0800


ECQ violators crowd detention cells
Authorities have been making good prior warnings to round up violators of quarantine policies but are faced with a corresponding problem – where to detain them.

Wed, 8 Apr 2020 00:00:00 +0800


Labella allowed to ink SAP deal with DSWD
The Cebu City Council has authorized Mayor Edgardo Labella to enter into an agreement with the Department of Social Welfare and Development for the implementation of the social amelioration program.

Wed, 8 Apr 2020 00:00:00 +0800


PB passes Anti-Discrimination Ordinance: Frontliners get protection
Penalties await residents in Cebu Province who discriminate workers fighting the coronavirus disease in the frontlines.

Wed, 8 Apr 2020 00:00:00 +0800